Attendance in school is one of the leading indicators of whether or not a child will graduate from high school. It is our goal to prepare 100% of our students for a successful high school career. Great attendance in middle school will help lead to great attendance in high school.
It is critical that you prioritize when your child is absent.
● Please schedule doctor, dentist, orthodontic appointments after school hours as much as possible.
● Plan family vacations during times that students are already scheduled for vacation.
● Students should be in attendance on their birthday if it falls on a school day.
● Plan for traffic in the morning.
● Being on time is a healthy habit! 10 minutes early is on time.
● Students should NOT be in school if they are throwing up or running a high fever. If they have a cough, sore throat, or just a tummy ache, they should be in class for the day.
For more information and statistics regarding student attendance, visit: www.attendanceworks.org/facts - stats - school - attendance